Remember that 14 hour trip to Auckland or even that 8 hour flight to Accra? Did you sleep a lot? Did you sleep at all? Ha ha. Chances are, if you’re a mom, you didn’t sleep much on that flight and here are some funny reasons why?
1. There are so many movies to watch that you haven’t seen and won’t get to see at home.
2. You don’t want to miss the meals. They may not be good but someone else cooked them and will clean up the dishes and trash for you.
3. This may be the only quiet time you get for a while so you stay up to enjoy it.
4. The guy across the aisle to your right has a bright light on his laptop keeping you from sleeping. You can’t turn left cause your toddler will start pulling on your eyelids. I promise this happened to me on the way to New Zealand!
5. Speaking of movies, there’s bound to be a movie starring the Rock (aka Dwayne Johnson), meaning there’s bound to be a chance to see him with his shirt off. Or any cutie with his shirt off! ha ha
6. Your partner is already asleep and somebody has to stay up to watch the kids.
7. You’re on a 12 hour flight and life is going on down below. You’re already making a to do list for when you land.
8. You’re just straight hard core. You don’t get sleep at home and darn it if you’re sleeping on this plane.
9. You’re enjoying adult conversation with a stranger on the plane.
10. It’s finally an opportunity to read a good book.